Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Life of a Door to Door Salesman

Selling is Hard. Period.

I don't envy my husbands job. He is awesome. I love him and appreciate what he does for my family. Because. I. Could. NOT. Period.
This is his third year selling and his first year as a manager so we are finally starting to get the hang of this summer life.

He gets up and does his own morning things (scriptures, prayer, teeth brushed, works-out, etc.) then he has to get meeting stuff ready. Find area. Make sure they have permits. I never knew how much a manager actually has to do. I thought "Sweet, the money is awesome! DO IT" but it also brings on a headache that neither Brandon or I ever imagined. But - it's awesome and he does so well at it. He has always been a natural leader so this is right up his alley. 
Then they have their meeting. 
He tries to motivate & excite. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. 
He has to hide his emotions.
After meeting he grabs his stuff and leaves to sell till after dark. 
It's rough. He gets yelled at and chased by dogs (sometimes). Its hot. It rains. 
He walks the area. 
He gets REALLY BAD farmer's tans.
He eats PB&J or Turkey sandwiches EVERY SINGLE DAY for lunch. 
He makes good money!
It's not easy but its worth it. 

So as a wife, I try to help his as much as I can. I do the laundry. I make the meals. I clean the house and take care of Tylee. I try to make it so he has minimal things to do. His only official job around the house is taking out the trash. How fitting with his job ;)

But I try to do some cute things for him as well. 
I write him notes on his fruit!
We make him brownies and cookies



Let him sleep in.


Send him funny pictures that I find 

And take advantage of our Saturday night dinners and Sundays after church that we get to spend together. 







As you can see the life of a salesman is hard. We squeeze in fun times when we can but it makes for an amazing school year of more time together. We have a love/hate relationship with the summer sales life. The adventures and learning experience are something that we will never trade for the world. I wonder what company/state/job we will be in/working for next year. 

We sure love Daddy! He's the best husband and father anyone can get! Thanks B! 
LOVE YA FOREVER!


No comments:

Post a Comment