Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

~Opportunity of a LifEtIMe~

For those of you who don't know me or don't know my family or in-laws I will hopefully get to post about each of them here soon, but I wanted to write a little snippet about an amazing opportunity that I have had and the changes it has made in my little families life....

For those of you who don't know my mother-in-law, Julie Griffin, you might not know that she is a sales director for Mary Kay Cosmetics. For those of you who do know her then you probably do. But she is a sales director and drives the free famous pink cadillac that they give away. So she is pretty into her business and career. So obviously when I married her son Brandon a couple years ago she is going to want to get her daughter-in-law (ME) to sell it with her right?! 
So she signed me up as a consultant.

Well I didn't want anything to do with selling it. I loved the products and would get them for myself, but I had absolutely no interest in selling anything to anyone.
 
But..... when I had Tylee, Brandon was working full time and doing school full time.. That was killing us. He would get up and be at school by either 7 or 9am and he would be there till about 3 in the afternoon and then go to work the swing shift at Paragon from 3:30 till midnight....

So because I am a pharmacy technician and that pays pretty well, I decided that I would go back to work part time and Brandon would then only have to work part time. There was only one problem with that scenario... I couldn't find a job ANYWHERE... No one was hiring any technicians at that time and I didn't want to take on a different job that would only pay a few dollars an hour after paying for day care. So I thought about MK.. I decided maybe it wasn't such a bad idea, and I should just give it a shot. If it didn't work out, I figured I could cross it off of my list forever and get on with life. 

The first week that I really tried working it I made almost as much as Brandon. Only I did it in about 6 hours that he made in 40 hours. So I figured this was a good way to make some money.. So I began my quest. I only focused on doing 30 facials in a month - I figured it was at the most 40 hours in a month so about 10 hours a week. I didn't do it because of the free car - that was for other people. I continued to do it to help out our little family and also because it was FUN! I have learned so much about skin care and different tips on make up and things that I loved and I also get to meet new people and lots of other perks. Since I started I pretty much have only REALLY worked about 7-8 months and I have gotten free luggage and a hotel gift card and lots of jewelry and other fun things in addition to making money off of products and I have also earned quite a bit in commission which is above and beyond selling as well. I really like this company and what it allows for women. I feel like I can put my priorities in order. I feel like I have more time to spend with my family and if something comes up - like tylee getting sick or I have a test due in college, I can work my job around my life instead of my working my life around my job. 

Since starting, I have only tried to do 30 facials in a month and last December, I found out that I was on target for a free car!! WHAT?!?! I feel like I haven't really done that much and I am going to get a free car! My goal is to finish earning by the end of this month (March) so that hopefully I can have it before May (right after finals). I don't have to do that much and it is super fun. If any of you have questions please feel free to contact me. I'm not going to try to push anyone into doing anything.. It has just been such a blessing in my families life and it could be for you too. If I can do it, anyone can.. The first facial I ever did I forgot to have the girls wash off their cleanser.. so seriously it can't get worse than that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment